First-Time Home Buyers
Fill out the form below (don't worry about filling every field) and we will help get you started in Home Ownership!
Guide to getting started: Here the thing's invovled with starting the home buying process.
- Down payment: This is typically the biggest hurdle to home ownership. Down payments range from 3.5 - 20%, but there are loan programs available that can even allow 0% down.
- Pre-Qualification: Meet with a mortgage broker and find out how much you can afford to pay for a home. This typically includes providing the following documents: Tax Returns, Pay stubs, and Bank Statements.
- Pre-Approval: While knowing how much you can afford is the first step, sellers will be much more receptive to potential buyers who have been pre-approved. With Pre-Approval, the buyer actually applies for a mortgage and receives a commitment in writing from a lender.
- Representation by a Professional: Complete the form below and we'd be glad to assist!
- List of Needs & Wants: Make 2 lists. The first should include items you must have (i.e., the number of bedrooms you need for the size of your family, a one-story house if accessibility is a factor, etc.). The second list is your wishes - things you would like to have (pool, den, etc.) but that are not absolutely necessary. Realistically for first-time buyers, you probably will not get everything on your wish list, but it will keep you on track for what you are looking for.
- Once you've found a potential place: Try to visualize the yourself living there and how it would fit your lifestyle. Also look at the empty house & imagine how it would look with your decor. Are the rooms laid out to fit your needs? Is there enough light? All important considerations in finding a home you can be happy with.
- Be Thorough: Be sure to allocate a small amount of funds for the due dillagence process. Have the property inspected by a professional home inspector.
- Communiate openly with your Realtor: Your Realtor is your advocate, and the best way for them to serve your greatest interest is to communicate as much as possible throughout the process. We love to hear our clients thoughts and feedback so that we can ensure they will be happy with their new home.